Microsoft Excel – Advanced
GTA | Date: 07 June 2017
This half-day course is designed to assist those wishing to build further upon their knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Ideally delegates will have completed the ‘Intermediate’ module or have a good working knowledge of other Excel versions to begin with.
- Use the 'Names Manager' and Named Ranges in Formulas
- Understand the Data Validation tool
- Use the IF statement with OR & AND
- 'Nest' additional IF statements where there is multiple criteria
- Use Formula Auditing Tools
- Use the Show Formulas and Evaluate Formula function
- Pivot Tables/Chart and Slicers
- Understand how to Protect Cells
- Use the Group function to tie a range of cells together and insert subtotals
- Use the Advanced Filter function
- Use the DSUM database function
- Create a Macro using the 'Record macro' function (writing in VBA is covered in the Expert Level)
- Assign an image to a macro and update the Quick Access Toolbar with icon
- Use the Trust settings.
John Gocher is a freelance computer trainer, software developer and consultant who specialises in providing training and application solutions using programs that incorporate the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications macro language. He offers training courses at introductory, intermediate and advanced levels. John also offers training in Microsoft SQL Server and training consultancy in Windows’ application development using Microsoft Access, Microsoft Visual Studio and Embarcadero Delphi. All training courses have comprehensive supporting documentation and courseware.
John has been application training and developing bespoke business applications since 1993.More Information