01 May 2018

Specsavers Digital Marketing Apprenticeship – commencing September 2018

Specsavers Digital Marketing Apprenticeship – commencing September 2018

Specsavers are joining up with a leading UK apprentice provider, QA to offer a Digital Marketing Apprenticeship.

There are many career opportunities for A level school leavers on Island but here are some of the reasons why a Specsavers Apprenticeship will provide you with more than an ‘earn as you learn’ opportunity.

 

Why Digital Marketing?

Digital Marketing is the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, but also including mobile phone, display advertising, and any other digital medium.

Digital Marketing’s development since the 1990’s and 2000’s has changed the way brands and business use technology for marketing.  As digital platforms are increasingly incorporated into marketing plans and everyday life, and as people use digital devices instead of visiting physical shops, digital marketing campaigns are becoming more prevalent and efficient.

Do you have an interest in:

  • Media
  • Social Media
  • Absorbing trading content
  • Creative writing and blogging

The Digital Marketing Apprenticeship programme combines high quality classroom training and on-the-job experience to transform you into a skilled marketing professional, equipping you with the real-world skills you need to tackle a varied and fast-paced role

 

Why Specsavers?

From a staff of two in 1984, Specsavers has grown to become the biggest privately-owned employer in the Bailiwick, providing a wide range of specialised services to almost 2,000 stores in 10 countries. We employ over 500 people locally!

Our people are the engine behind the success! The culture in Specsavers attracts people who like to work with great and professional people.  Our business hand-picks the best qualified people to grow and support with development and career opportunities in our support offices around the world.

 

As a Specsavers Digital Marketing Apprentice:

  • You will be recruited into a permanent role - earning up to £18k basic salary per year (not forgetting the generous performance-lead bonus scheme, medical and dental cover, and Company pension scheme to name just some of the package details!)
  • You will become part of a leading global business, operating out of Guernsey
  • You will start studying towards your Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing within your first three months of joining us (completion should take circa 13 – 15 months)

Once your Level 3 Diploma is completed you will commence study towards your Bachelor Degree in Digital Marketing (completion circa 4-5 years)

  • You will spend approximately 15% of your time training at the QA learning centre in Reading, UK, with the remaining 85% being completed in the work place
  • You will receive one to one mentoring from your line manager and will be part of a team of marketing professionals who can support you with you learning.  You will also be assigned a QA Assessor who will visit you regularly to guide you through your apprenticeship plan and support you through each unit.
  • You will be part of a broader Apprentice community, joining up with other peers on different Apprenticeships across the business, for Learning and Development and networking events.

The best news… after 5 years, and a Bachelor degree under your belt you won’t have any university fees or debt to worry about and will be the envy of your friends by having developed valuable experience within our Digital Marketing function and will be ready to progress your career within this growing industry with the Islands largest private employer.

 

To apply

To apply for our Digital Marketing Apprenticeship please visit our careers website jobs.specsavers.co.uk and search support office vacancies. 

Applications should include your CV and a cover letter telling us why you would like to be considered for this unique opportunity. 

 

Find out more here

Closing date for applications will be Tuesday 15th May 2018

Join Us Our Initiatives. Your Innovations.

Join the Digital Greenhouse, together we can help deliver the diversified, innovative and creative culture Guernsey needs to succeed in the future.

More Information

Innovation Partners Supporting Us. Supporting Digital.